Designed for use in steep-slope roofing systems, new Shur-Gard #40 Base Sheet and F/G Base Sheet from Mule-Hide Products offer superior pliability and dimensional stability, are highly resistant to punctures and tears, and are wrinkle-resistant for easy installation.
Shur-Gard #40 Base Sheet
Shur-Gard #40 Base Sheet is ideally suited to warm, arid climates.
- Can be used as the felt layer in shingled and tile roofing systems.
- Constructed of superior-quality felt that is saturated with asphalt, coated on both sides with weathering-grade coating asphalt, and covered on top with mineral surface fines to prevent sticking in the roll.
- Compatible with steel, concrete and wood roofing decks.
F/G Base Sheet
Tough and durable, F/G Base Sheet delivers enhanced weathering and aging characteristics, along with great tear and pull-through strength.
- Can be used as the felt layer in shingled roofing systems.
- Also suitable for use as a vaper retarder when coated with a solid mopping of asphaltic material or installed under roof insulation or between multiple layers of insulation.
- Made of an inorganic fiberglass mat that has been coated on both sides with a weathering-grade oxidized asphalt blend and surfaced with granular fines to prevent sticking in the roll.
- Compatible with steel, concrete and wood roof decks.
More information can be found here.
Back to Blog