The four new Shur-Gard roofing underlayments from Mule-Hide Products are made to take the heat.
Shur-Gard MU Force HT and Shur-Gard MU Ultra HT are for use in metal roofing systems. Shur-Gard TU Force HT and Shur-Gard TU Ultra HT are for use in steep-slope adhesive-bonded and mechanically attached concrete and clay tile roofing systems.
All are designed for use in high-temperature applications. Shur-Gard MU Ultra HT can be used in applications in which maximum temperatures reach up to 250 degrees. The others are temperature-resistant to 265 degrees.
The underlayments also help crews complete jobs efficiently and safely.
- “Textured,” slip-resistant surfaces make crew members feel safer and more secure while walking on the surface.
- A broad temperature range for installation helps keep jobs on schedule. The underlayments can be installed when material interface temperatures are 40 degrees and rising.
- Wide-open windows for ultraviolet light exposure – 120 days for Shur-Gard MU Ultra HT and 180 days for the others – mean a longer dry-in time and greater protection from temporary exposure to the elements, giving crews maximum flexibility in completing a job.
- The factory-applied split-release film protecting the adhesive is easy to remove.
- A 3-inch adhesive selvedge edge improves overlap bonding.
- 2-square roll sizes provide easy handling and true coverage.
Reinforced and non-reinforced options are available to accommodate contractors’ preferences and specific job requirements.
- Shur-Gard MU Force HT and Shur-Gard TU Force HT are reinforced with a flexible fiberglass mat for exceptional tensile strength and thermal stability and easy conformation to valleys, corners and angles.
- Shur-Gard MU Ultra HT and Shur-Gard TU Ultra HT are non-reinforced. They also can be used as flashing membranes to protect leak-prone areas, such as valleys, roof-to-wall transitions, and around vents and skylights.
More information can be found here.
Back to Blog