Product Update: Helix Low-Rise Adhesive
MHP has revised its installation instructions to allow stepping in the board (contingent on how the board is stepped in) in addition to the preferred method of setting in and ballasting the board.
Last month, MHP Technical Associates analyzed low-rise foam adhesive from various manufacturers so Territory Managers could see how Helix compares to 3 major competitors. The demonstration including the following methods:
- Setting in after immediately dispensing product
- Dispensing product, allowing foam to rise, setting in board without stepping in
- Dispensing product, allowing foam to rise, setting in board and stepping in the entire board
- Dispensing product, allowing foam to rise, setting in board then ballasting board
If you have any questions about the summary outlined above, please contact your Territory Manager.
- Helix was the first to rise (approximately 30 seconds) and had the longest installation window before losing tack.
- Setting in boards immediately after dispensing product — as directed by one manufacturer — was more apt to have problems.
- Setting in boards after the foam rises without stepping in the boards tended to allow gaps between layers. This method is not recommended.
- Setting in boards after the foam rises and then stepping in had good results. MHP now approves this method.
- Setting in boards after the foam rises then ballasting the board provided the best results on a consistent basis.