Helix® Low-Rise Adhesive is a two-component, construction-grade, polyurethane foam adhesive designed to adhere approved roof insulations, thermal barriers, cover boards and fleece-backed single-ply membranes to acceptable substrates.
• Clean, odorless, fast one-step application resulting in significant labor savings for the contractor
• Ready to use, no mixing
• VOC, CFC, HCFC and solvent free
• All purpose fleece back and insulation attachment formula
• Full cure within minutes
• No overspray
• No compressed or melted insulation
• No expensive specialty pumps/spray rigs
• Remains flexible, absorbs stress
• Replaces fasteners—minimizing penetrations and deck corrosion
• Superior wind-uplift resistance
• No external power source necessary for minimal noise disruption
• Eliminates thermal bridging
• No building height restrictions
Does Helix Adhesive look different than the other products on the market?
Helix Adhesive is gray, which is unique in the industry.
How cold can it be when I use Helix Adhesive?
The substrate and ambient temperature must be above 32°F when using Helix Adhesive. If temperatures are below 50°F, the adhesive must be kept warm before use.
Can I full spray or splatter pattern Helix Adhesive?
No. Helix Adhesive is applied in ¾” wide beads or ribbons spaced 4”, 6” or 12” on center depending on the conditions of the project.
Does it matter what kind of tip I use on the gun or cartridge?
Yes, absolutely! Each manufacturer designs mixing tips to create the desired 1:1 ratio based on the properties of their product. You must use Helix mixing tips when using the Helix Gun Assembly or Cartridges. Failure to use Helix mixing tips results in off-ratio mixing and the Helix Foam will not properly rise.
What do I do if I can’t get all of the asphalt off of the deck before installing Helix Adhesive?
Helix Adhesive does not stick to new, or previously unexposed, asphalt that has a shiny appearance. Whenever shiny asphalt is encountered, the asphalt must be primed with CAV-GRIP prior to the installation of Helix Adhesive.